Monday 16 February 2015

A School Night Microadventure

February is ticking on, and I have not yet been out for my Feb adventure, I missed the 'official' date of Valentines day.  So I was wondering about trying to get out and do the Feb #Microadventure on a school night (although I guess as it half-term it's not technically a school night).

My plan for this month is get a couple of sneaky pints in at the cider barn just outside Draycott, then walk up the hill to Draycott Sleights, which is a very steep hill with a gliding club at the top.  The south-western facing slope has a lovely little sheltered crag of rocks, perfect for a sneaky bivvy bag night.  It is also going to give me a lovely view of the action should the reactor at Hinckley Point go up!

Image result for draycott sleights
South-east from Draycott Sleights
 Somewhere up here, then a gentle bimble back to the village.

I went to watch @Al_Humphreys last week in Bristol at St Georges.  It was a very inspiring talk, and I came away with some added motivation, but not to cycle around the World.  Definitely a lap of the Somerset Cycleway though, with an overnighter somewhere half-way round.  Obviously on a hill somewhere.

Next time I post this then, we should have the second picture in place too.

January done





No comments:

Post a Comment