Sunday 1 March 2015


In like a Lion

They say if March comes in like a Lion, it goes out like a Lamb.  Well the good news then is that it will be going out like a Lamb, at least in Cheddar anyway!  I know this because at midnight last night it was windy and lashing down.  I managed to stay toasty and warm in the Czech Army sleeping system, there is definitely something about being tucked up in a linen liner with a wool blanket rather than a lightweight pertex and quallofill sleeping bag.  Even with the waterproof cover on the sleeping bag, 
I was glad of the bivvi bag.
Image result for czech army bedroll
The Czech Army sleeping roll
I am never completely convinced when something claims to be completely waterproof, too many wet days of my life have been spent wondering how the hell the water is getting into whatever waterproof thing I am currently wearing or laid in!


The added touch for this adventure was the great little 'lightbulb' hanging in the basha.  I think I got it from Aldi or Lidl for a couple of quid, and have used it loads of times in all sorts of situations for the last year.  The flashing mode is a bit Blackpool Prom, but the light gives enough to read by and gives the basha a lovely homely feel.  

The bulb of lightness
Of course, the act of remembering took up some additional brain capacity, which was already being used to remember to take a book, so last month was book but no bulb, this month was bulb but no book, next month will be both (or more probably either).  It's just lucky that I always seem to remember the beer!

I remain on course for a microadventure a month then.  The Boy will have a very comfortable one next month, at least he will if Alpkit get the stock of their sleeping mats in, he has pre-ordered a Numo.  It looks so much like a '80s lilo that I expect to see him floating 150m offshore at some point over the summer.


One last thought, has anyone ever taken a decent #microadventure sleeping bag selfie? I was going to post mine up here, but it's too scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment